Curacao 2030; Society 5.0
Living Neighborhood House
Well-being is greatly influenced by how we live in our houses and neighborhoods.
In 2030 there will be more two-parent families that will create a safe and inspiring environment for their children to grow up, especially for those between 0 to 7 years old, as they are being formed mostly during these years. Parents will communicate better and more respectful among themselves and be better “role models” teaching children, that it is not about material wealth, that life is all about.
There would be low threshold programs for parents, which will include programs for single-parent families, who are interested, to teach them to become better educators of their children. This will include storytelling by role model parents, especially fathers, who have broken the cycle of dysfunctional absent father upbringing of their children. An essential element that will be taught besides creating a safe environment for their children will be recognition and mastery of emotions of themselves so that they can connect with their children and loved ones. This nucleus family is the basis for elderly care and care for members with special needs, as many will live with them and fulfill an active role. As the elderly require more attention, there will be structures and organizations supporting the family to provide the care.
Neighbors from all generations would be supportive in educating, correcting, and rewarding the children when needed, and there would be more “convivensa” (“peaceful coexistence”) in the neighborhood. Develop a more loving and caring neighborhood. Special attention will be given to “live” off-line gatherings and meetings, but also possibilities to meet online via social media e.g. This will include sharing opportunities for leisure and educational purposes (Edutainment) for all generations, with special attention to children, adolescents, the elderly and those handicapped. This will be offered mostly by neighbors among themselves, taking care of others, and correcting each other was possible.
People and NGO’s in the “barrios” are based on self-reliance, with the help of volunteer organizations like Service Clubs, Cura Doet, Kaya Kaya, in collaboration with the government, are involved in the rebuilding, maintenance, and further upgrade of their own “barrios.”
There are programs that are in place for parents and citizens in “barrios” and aimed at creating more adequate belief systems related to self-reliance, pro-activity, communication skills between the genders, and other programs designed at “convivensa” in the “barrios.”
As part of a joint neighborhood project to teach, especially children and the youth, “sustainable development and respect for nature,” opportunities to grow plants, vegetables and fruits will be made available. Where necessary youth who deserve a second chance will be offered soft and vocational skills training, e-learning, mentoring and coaching to make them more resilient for their future role in society.
In 2030 Curaçao will:
- Offer adequate services like grocery shops, medical services, schools, after-school education possibilities, a meeting place at walking and biking distance, while also increasing the social coherence in the “barrio” this will lower the need to use one’s own or public or Uber-like transportation services that are offered;
- Have better and safer sidewalks and cycle tracks;
- Have a highly accessible public transport system in terms of connectivity, fees differentiated according to age-groups and on-time performance in all neighborhoods, lowering the need for families to have their electric cars for private and business uses;
- Have members of the community actively involved in pool driving the maintenance of bus stops;
- Via special programs have universal internet access for all social groups as online working, and social connectivity has become the new normal, lowering the need to use cars and airplanes;
- Have comfortable, high quality and cost-efficient, reliable, 2-way access to all destinations by sea and by air for passengers, freight and data communication; and
- Curaçao has developed itself into a regional hub of data and cargo via our seaport and the airport, because of the geographical position, highly qualified infrastructure and services, multi-lingual community, and service-oriented employees.
In 2030 there will be more two-parent families that will create a safe and inspiring environment for their children to grow up, especially for those between 0 to 7 years old, as they are being formed mostly during these years.